Venetian ad featuring soccer star Beckham put on hold

The Venetian Macau has scrapped a high-profile ad campaign featuring English soccer star David Beckham just two days before its launch.
The Venetian Macau announced that this week’s launch event and campaign had been “postponed until further notice,” The South China Morning Post reported.
The identity of the celebrity at the center of the campaign had been shrouded in mystery, but the newspaper said it was the former Real Madrid player, who was appointed brand ambassador for Las Vegas Sands in 2013.
The decision to scrap the ad comes amid a series of top-level corporate changes and a long-running legal dispute involving a former top executive at the company’s parent operation, Sands China, the Post says.
Thursday’s campaign launch was to be a grand affair, hyped up with a ten-day countdown and video tease on the casino’s Twitter account.
“They’re discussing to go ahead and launch as planned but maybe without some of the fanfare, ” Venetian Macau’s senior vice president, Ciaran Carrathers, told the Post.