According to the Tinian Casino Gaming Control Commission executive director Lucy Blanco-Maratita, Tinian Dynasty will reopen next week.
“Yes, Dynasty requested to reopen on Dec. 9, 2015 and the Commission approved it with conditions and certain requirements that it must fulfill prior to reopening.” She said, however, that after TCGCC had issued this approval, the Dynasty amended its request to change the reopening date to Dec. 15.
“The Commission has yet to act on the change of reopening date,” said the TCGCC executive director.
Due to the impact of Typhoon Soudelor on the tourism sector on Saipan and on Tinian, Dynasty had requested from TCGCC a temporary suspension of operations which TCGCC granted effective Aug. 14 through Sept. 4.
With Saipan heavily damaged in the aftermath of Soudelor, fewer tourists visited Tinian, which has no direct international flights, unlike Saipan.
Meanwhile, Blanco-Maratita said TCGCC imposed some conditions on Dynasty’s reopening during their Nov. 24 special meeting. Including:
1. HKE must officially submit to TCGCC a letter of intent seeking to reopen the Tinian Dynasty casino.
2. A contract between HKE & Spectrum Gaming must be in place and a copy delivered to the Executive Director that Spectrum is back to continue its work at the Dynasty.
3. HKE must pay the Casino License Fee partial payment of $250,000 by November 25, 2015 (UPDATE: HKE paid this on Nov. 25)
4. Pay the Dynasty employees’ outstanding salaries before the reopening or submit to the TCGCC a plan on how they plan to pay the employees.
5. Pay any BGR Taxes owed.
6. Disclose the source of income for the reopening
7. Update with the TCGCC Licensing Office all Dynasty employee casino licenses and hotel registrations before the reopening
8. Pay the table and slots fees before reopening
9. Pay the gaming revenue tax owing for August 2015.
She said the hours for the casino on weekdays shall be from 11:00 a.m. to the following day at 3:00 a.m.
The weekend schedule for the casino shall be to open from 11:00 a.m beginning on Friday and remain open continuously through the weekend until closing on Sunday at 3:00 a.m.
Reopening is contingent on the Commission budget being enacted before reopening, she said.