Travellers International Hotel Group says it is planning to reopen the non-gaming areas of the Resorts World Manila complex on Thursday.
The non-gaming areas in question include the Mall, Cinema and the Newport Performing Arts Theatre, according to a filing from the operator on Wednesday.
The Remington Hotel, Star Cruises Center, Marriott Hotel and Marriott Grand Ballroom, which the operator said were not affected by the casino attack, continue to be fully operational.
In regards to the business, operation and financial effects of the casino attack, Travellers said that it was “premature at this point to assess the full impact of the foregoing events,” but says it will inform the exchange as soon as the assessment of the impact is completed.
Several areas of the resort were closed following the casino attack on June 2 that left 38 people dead.
House issues subpeona to Travellers chairman
In related news, the House of Representatives has issued a subpoena for the chairperson of Travellers International Hotel Group, compelling him to appear before the committee, local media reports.
During the House inquiry into the casino attack at Resorts World Manila that killed 38 people, Ilocos Norte Rep. Rodolfo Fariñas, the majority leader, said the committee received a letter that David Ming Huat Chua would not be able to attend the House inquiry because he had been abroad since June 11.