None of the 18 individuals named in the crackdown on Crown Resorts staff are thought to be people from Macau, head of DICJ Paulo Martins Chan said to reporters on Thursday.
“The gaming companies here reported to us that they had always been abiding by the laws in mainland China,” said Chan to local media.
The gaming regulator recently held a meeting with its six gaming concessionaires regarding the arrests.
Last week, Secretary for Economy and Finance Lionel Leong emphasized that while no local operators were involved in the incident, he warned casino firms that the government was looking cautiously at this case.
“Many times have we reminded them that any commercial activity or behaviour has to be carried out strictly in line with local laws, in Macau or elsewhere,” he said.