Members of the Gaming Employees Advancement Association have petitioned the government on Sunday Dec. 6 not to authorize any more gaming tables for Macau’s six casino operators.
According to the latest Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau (DICJ) data, the six gaming operators had been granted 5,819 gaming tables by the end of the Y15Q3, along with 14,213 gaming machines.
In Oct. 2015, Secretary for Economy and Finance Lionel Leong said the government would not change the three percent table cap until at least 2020, and had also approved 250 additional gaming tables for Studio City and 100 for Galaxy Entertainment Group in their new projects.
Head of the association, Willis Chan Chi Kin, also said the government should urge gaming operators to pay their gaming staff holiday bonuses, Christmas bonuses, as well as double pay for two months as a year-end bonus to “relieve gaming employees’ financial pressure”.
Chan also called for a pay rise of at least 2.5 percent, which still needs to be passed by the legislature.